How to spot a potentially bad boss
By Scott Miller
How to spot a bad boss in an interview
- Pronoun usage - If the boss uses "you" to convey negative info or uses "I" to describe company success.
- Concern with your hobbies - may be digging to see how committed you can be to the job because they are not legally allowed to ask certain questions.
- They are distracted - checking emails, looking at their phone or showing up late, don't think they will be there for you in the work place.
- They can't give you a straight answer - pause or avoid when discussing why the previous employee left.
- They've got a record - Ask them about their past jobs and how they got to where they are. How long he/she has been at the company.
Back to Candidate blogs
Social Hire - the Social Media Agency for recruiters and small businesses. With outstanding Social Media Agency reviews on Google and exceptional client retention rates, the team at Social Hire really do know what works (and just as importantly, what doesn’t work). Why not engage a Social Media Agency that not only gets results, but that does so for a third of the cost of employing an in-house Social Media Manager? Simply click "Book a Call" to speak to one of our friendly team.